About the project
In 1514 Pope Lev X commissioned work on the project his brother Giuliam Medicejský. And at that time one of the most experienced engineers was Leonardo Da Vinci, who designed a water dredge.
Main objectives of the project are:
- to ensure sustainable assurance of fairway on an inland waterway of international significance on the Danube River and mitigation of negative impacts of sedimentation in reservoir Hrušov in the range of rkm 1845 to rkm 1868,
- to enhance the quality and safety of navigation,
- to remove bottlenecks on the Slovak part of the Danube waterway,
- to create conditions for the elaboration and appreciation of sediments in relation to the demands of the environment and the market.
Project is co-financed by the European Union programm (Connecting Europe Facility)
- Total project budget: 9 750 000 €
- Co-financing from the EU: 8 287 500 €
- Project duration: 02/2017–12/2020